The Art and Design Factory are collecting personal information to ensure child health and safety. We will keep your information secure, accurate and for no longer than is necessary in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). GDPR is just an update on the General Data Protection Act (1998). Data will be held securely and in the strictest of confidence in compliance with GDPR and only myself will have access to your data. Personal data will be not be revealed and Freedom of Legislation will allow access to certain non-personal or generalised data. If you wish to find out more about how we control and process personal data and protect your privacy please phone or email us.
Photographs may be taken and used to promote our activities; via press releases and social media etc.
Without expectation of compensation or other remuneration l give consent to The Art and Design Factory to use the image of my child/children in my legal charge (name above) in its promotions, publications, advertising or other media activities including; newspapers, websites, social media, flyers and marketing material. I understand that the information provided in this form will be used for the administration of the event described above and managed/stored in accordance with data protection laws.
The Art and Design Factory believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognises it’s responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to practice which protects them.
We recognise that:
- The welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, careers and their agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
The purpose of the policy:
- To provide protection for the children and young people who receive The Art and Design Factory services, including the children of adult members or users.
- To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person maybe experiencing, or be at risk of harm.
This policy applies to all staff, including senior managers and the board of trustees, paid staff, volunteers and sessional workers, agency staff, students or anyone working on behalf of The Art and Design Factory.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- All staff and volunteers will be required to hold a valid Access NI ‘Enhanced Disclosure Certificate’
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers
- Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and child appropriately
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.